News from the
COME. I plan to add RSS software to this site and include
Some of the Awesome
Resources Online for Writers
- Writers' Group Etiquette -- as suggested by the SlugTribe
- Writers' Group Facilitation -- as suggested by the SlugTribe
- www.sfwa.org = The Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers
- Writer Beware = The SFWA-compiled list of possible scam
artist agents and editors. Updated regularly and an
- The Turkey City Lexicon = Though it lives on the SFWA site, it's
really a resource (even uncopyighted so it's meant to be
shared) created by Bruce Sterling, Lew Shiner, Howard
Waldrop, Leigh Kennedy and key members of Austin's first
SF/F/H writers' study group. What this has, in its often
comical definitions, is a crash course in how to be less
trite in your writing and more businesslike in your
dealings with editors.
- The Market List = Focuses on markets for our genre (though
it has others too) and breaks them down by professional,
- Ralan's List = Maybe the most famous list of markets
for our genre which has been kept for years by Ralan
Times on SF/F Markets = It's called the "Black Hole" list to be
funny, but that can often be the case with some markets.
Also, it helps writers to reign in their impatience when
they haven't heard back on a submission to learn it'll be
at least 3 months before the editors respond...
- ArmadilloCon = The literary focused science fiction and
fantasy convention held in Austin each August. Which
since 1998 has included a one-day SF/F/H writers'
conference, where students are guaranteed a reading and
critique by two pro writers or editors.
- Writers Conferences in the
Includes links to the famous Clarion and Clarion West
conferences specific to our genre.
- The Writers League of
and agents' conferences and manuscript contests, it's
become a resource for all Texas writers. You don't have
to be a member to get onto their mailing list and get
notified on events.
More People Who
- The City of Austin Hancock Recreation
A funky and
historical location that has been the host for our
SlugTribe meetings for more than 16 years.
- Fandom Association of Central
hosts for ArmadilloCon and the 2006 World Fantasy Con.
Also the folks who make the annual DilloCon writers
- Wendy-Wheeler.com: As author of this website and
co-founder of the SlugTribe, I have to include myself
among the deserving people. Read about my fiction,
screenwriting, teaching and other endeavors here.